CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 28 July 2008

The Rain of 28th

It’s been pouring since early in the morning. But it didn’t bring the traffic jams with it this time. The usually euphoric ahmedavadis today didn’t venture out to enjoy corn and a garam cuppa of cha. The rain today does not bring with it the fragrance of wet soil. It brings with it the stink of burnt flesh, and gun powder. It brings the shrieks of the people who received the ball bearings in there hearts, heads, faces, and died. No child is seen playing in the showers. Only policemen searching something that might help them escape the shame of failures. The failures of letting people die, sleeping while some trouble mongers planned to kill them, and there kin, there people.

I am afraid of death. I am afraid that I might die like this one day. And I am ashamed that I am the one who is to be blamed for this mess. I accepted this system while it slept. I let them take liberty and be complacent about my security. And I have no guts to stand up and fight against this evil force of religious terrorism, and the evil system that lets it strike at will. I am ashamed that while DIG Vanjara the police officer who allegedly killed Sohrabbuddin, a terrorist, is rotting behind the bars, I ignored it just as another piece of news. 

I am ashamed that I always thought that this happens to other people. Somewhere I am also having blood on my hands. I think I contributed to the massacre by not raising a voice and taking a stand as a responsible citizen, for improving the law and order situation of this place.

  
 

7 comments:

June Nandy Chaudhuri said...

O Lovely Boy! Don't you know that half of our sins are washed away with our sense of regrets and earned gulit. I am happy that today you have confessed to your guilt that you committed by not raising your honest voice.

Vivek, my friend, we have this Voice only howsoever timid and meek it sounds, to speak up for the right things in whatever forums we get. This will surely reach the ears it has to and prick their conscience sometime of the day. Speak up, don't wait for an audience.

Yes, I and you and Deepti need answers from our Government and politicians to give an explanation to us why this thing happened at the first place and they better be answering us. What are the loopholes that they are not able to fix up with our money and faith. What is the reason behind their incompetencies and lousy governance. If counter terrorism acts needs new concepts of training for Indian Intelligence and Indian Police, why are not they being imparted? Why the police is busy for giving security cover to only VIPs of our country and not the voting citizens as well. Why are they not giving a judgement on Afzal till now? Why the country is yet to grasp this basic and simple thing that the mode of Warfare has changed and this is a full fledged was the ISI is waging against India and why don't we take offence??

We need answers and we are not to be gagged for the simple reason that we are asking about our rights.

A very meaningful blog. I am going to DIGG and bookmark this.

Thanks that you got your focus back.

Anonymous said...

yup.. we need to mobilise some action to hold people accountable.

Thakns.

COOLDEEPTEA said...

It is so difficult even to begin doing something...hundreds of thousands of people...amongst them, it just needs one to plant a bomb...how on earth does one look for a needle in the haystack????

Anonymous said...

well yeah deeps... is sure is a very very tough job.. we are a big country, and our population doesn't help.. And i feel despite these handicaps, i feel our systems should be effective in proecting life and property.

I mean we spend on Z plus security to all and sundry, make huge expences on temporary infrastructure on occasional visits of VIPs, but bo not care to install basic security checks at public places. We ought to be careful as a people.

June Nandy Chaudhuri said...

Hello Viv :)

Hows you? Best wishes.

viv said...

hiya.. :)

viv said...

hiya.. :)